Thursday, June 07, 2007

Going Biodiesel for my comuter car

While Rich is optimizing for bike and large family hauling, I am optimizing for around town economical driving with biodiesel. So fter reading the TDI forum alot: TDIClub forums: Viewing forum: New Beetle TDIs, I had the Beetle TDI itch. Have been itching to buy another TDI (after the Touareg). Sunday I decided to get the New Beetle and called all over town (Seattle). Found a great one at University VW, Platinum Grey, DSG Auto, leather, Xenon, MonSoon, etc. Being the end of the month they were dealing and I just went down and picked it up.

After some searching here, I ordered the following upgrades:
Weathertech rubber trunk liner black (TVA)
VW Splash gaurds (TVA)
fog lamp covers - the metal mesh, are the solid orange ones better?(TVA)
Clear G2 tail lamps (TVA)
TVA aluminum sport locks (an impulse) (TVA)
and the RocketChip (rocketchip)

Just filled it up at Dr. Dan. He had a cool chrome "Biodiesel" emblem to put on instead of a TDI emblem. I like it...

here are the pics.




No comments: